Friday, January 22, 2010

Relationships: Chapter: Friendship etc...

There are so many different relationships that exist, well, I would not use the word "exist" here. Let's say, that these emotional bonds are there, valid, lively and vibrant, all around us. I often claim to have seen a lot of relationships. I mean literally, I have been around places, seen people, so many types of people, I am not talking racial differences here, its the mental make up that interests me. Friends, relatives, girl-friends/boy-friends, acquaintances, contacts etc.

Now, all these are binded with each other, lets put it this way, the way I visualize it all is that the words i just mentioned,different types of relationship, are the joining forces working as rejoinders between to human beings, based on its strength, I see them as threads, strings, ropes and difficult ones as chains, while less stronger and smoother relationships, the ones that I prefer, as silk ropes. I hope you follow me here. A bit philosophical eh.. Ok, so these relationships, as I said, I have seen many of em. Why? you may ask, mainly because all of us have had one of each, probably more of those listed, but not less, atleast once in our lives. Every one has a set of definitions to define their, or lets say, His/Her relationship with the other. For the record, I have had MANY. No, seriosuly, MANY!!

This blog is MY personal take on relationships according to me and the ones I have been in. Before I begin, I would like this thing to be made very clear that it is a perspective that I approach this with, it is my perspective, they way I believe the relationships should be and the way I actually see it. I agree that you may have your own take on it. Well, thats why we are unique! ;) I would have a take on Friendship, Girl/boy friends relationships, Relatives and acquaintances.

To begin with,
Friends and Friendship:

First and foremost thing that comes to my mind when i hear the word friend? Feelings.  A person attached to another by feelings, not necessary mutually, is a friend. A friend is the one with whom you share your heart out. According to me, friends are a lot more than your average boy friends/girl friends. There are limitations, compromises, sacrifices, but in friendship? None of these apply. My golden rule, words like Sorry, Thank You and Bye; never exist in a friendship. I rather replace their use with, "arey, jaane bhi de", "koi nai, its ok yaar", and "phir milenge, pakka, goli mat dena ;)"

Friendship to me is being close to someone, so much so that you don't really have to talk to them to know how they are feeling, or what's going through their mind, you kindda read thoughts, friendship to me is NOT keeping an account of things done for one another, or repaying back the good deeds with a good deed. That is more of a give and take realtionship, thats not friendship. To me, for a person who I can go to any level to get things going, be there in sorrows, and not expect a thing back in return, is a true friend. Seriously, if u expecting back anything in return then you are better of doing a barter! A true friend to me is some one who, not necessarily stands by you with tides of time, but is always there to share your emotions, to respect you and love you for what you are.

Just a thought across my mind, Did we forget in the process of growing up that who were our first ever friends in life. Any one of you reading this right now, I want you to do this small little exercise, think of the first friend you ever made in your life, yes, go back to that nursery school or a kindergarten, and think of that guy who you introduced to your mum/dad that. "mum, he/shes my friend". Do you remember what made you make him/her your friend? To me, I really did not think of anything, probably his/her nice toys attracted me, probably his clothes did, or maybe his/her sharing stuff with me did make me like him/her and make them my friend. It was really that simple back then. And believe me, those friends are THE most cherished friends of our life, the ones who we did not even think once before making them our friends!!! Ok, now come back to present, think of making a new friend. Think of sitting in a Computer lab, and a guy is sitting next to you on the computer, think of how difficult it is to make him your friend? can you approach him with same lucidity as you to when you were in KG? Do you still have that "unselfish" immature innocence in you, can you trust some one just like that?? WHY???? Arent' we the same person we were when we were younger? Why do we think so much? Friends were a matter of instinct back then, why is it a matter of thought now?? Why is the relationship not so pure and simple anymore? Why do we have a passive approach to such blessed relationships. Why dont we have that special bond with our present friends as we have with our age old KG friends? Have we really grown up to be anti social?

The thing is, we tend to think now. Of course we thought even then, but the way we think and its direction, is different now. We think a lot before doing anything! Ever let your self flow like a river, wild and clean, unobstructed, without a thought and a free mind, when you talk to a person close to you? Ever felt that calm and relaxing feel when you talk to him/her about whats going on with life? Ever have that transparency with a person with whom you can talk about anything under the sky? The person on your mind when you were reading this post, IS you friend. That, my friends, is friendship means to me. Simple, plain, no hassles, obstructions or restraint!


Ending on the note quoted directly from a good source, the true meaning of friendship the way it should be according to me: "A person who is attached to another by feelings of affection"
-Jrx, 23rd Jan'10

No comments:

Post a Comment